Choose this easy squash recipe in late summer when your garden is overflowing with zucchini and summer squash. Green chiles add a bit of zing to this colorful side dish that can be served alongside chicken, fish, pork, or beef.”
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or ½ teaspoon dried, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1Heat oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add zucchini, yellow squash, and onion. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the onion is just tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2Add undrained green chilies, tomatoes, and dried oregano (if using). Heat through, stirring occasionally. Stir in fresh oregano (if using), ground pepper, and salt. Serve immediately.