Get classic Italian flavor with these homemade breadsticks—made using prepared pizza dough, rosemary and garlic. For a crispier texture more like grissini, roll the breadsticks long and thin and bake until golden.”
- 1 pound pizza dough, preferably whole-wheat (see Tip)
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- 2Divide dough into 16 equal pieces and roll each into a 12- to 14-inch-long breadstick on a lightly floured surface (see Tip). Place the breadsticks at least ½ inch apart on the baking sheets. Brush with oil and sprinkle with rosemary and garlic powder, pressing if necessary to help it stick.
- 3Bake the breadsticks on the upper and lower racks, switching the pans halfway through, until lightly brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.