Spruce up your sandwich game with a medley of roasted veggies. For extra vegetables throughout the week, roast a whole sheet pan in Step 1, then add the cooked veggies to salads, sandwiches, and pasta dishes, or serve them as a side dish.”
- ½ cup mixed sliced vegetables, such as bell pepper, eggplant, and summer squash (see Tip)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 slice 100%-whole-wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- ½ cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon unsalted raw sunflower seeds
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread sliced vegetables on a small rimmed baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Roast until tender, about 25 minutes.
- 2Lightly toast bread, if desired. Spread hummus on the bread. Layer spinach on top, then top with the roasted vegetables. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and garnish with basil, if desired.