When you prepare spaghetti squash, don’t throw away the seeds! You can roast them into a crunchy, healthy snack—just like roasting pumpkin seeds. The seasoning mix in this recipe is a mix of spicy, salty and sweet, but feel free to experiment with your own flavor combinations.”
- ½ cup spaghetti squash seeds (from 2 medium squash; see Tip)
- ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Toss spaghetti squash seeds with oil, maple syrup, cumin, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Spread on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir the seeds and continue baking until golden and crispy, 10 to 15 minutes.