Homemade spicy tortilla chips are the perfect match for this guacamole, made with roasted poblano peppers and sweet onion.”
- Roasted Poblano Guacamole
- 1 medium fresh poblano chile pepper (see Tip)
- ½ medium sweet onion, cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 small avocados, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Spiced Tortilla Chips
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1To prepare the Roasted Poblano Guacamole: Preheat oven to 425°F. Halve poblano pepper; remove seeds and membranes. (see Tip) Place onion slices and poblano pepper, cut sides down, on foil-lined baking sheet. Roast in oven about 20 minutes or until poblano skin and onion are lightly charred. Wrap peppers in the foil and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Peel off skin. Chop poblano and onion.
- 2In a medium bowl mash avocados. Stir in poblano, onion, lime juice, cumin, and salt. Set aside.
- 3To prepare the Spiced Tortilla Chips: Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut corn tortillas into wedges. Coat wedges lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with chili powder. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Serve tortilla chips with the guacamole.