These robust, seasoned vegetables pair beautifully with any quick-cooking entree. Try them with steak, chicken, pork chops, or salmon.”
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed (if desired)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced ¼ inch thick
- ⅔ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Combine beans, onion, and garlic in a shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss mixture till the beans are evenly coated. Spread into a single layer on bottom of the pan.
- 3Roast in the preheated oven for 8 minutes. Stir in squash and roast for 5 to 7 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
- 4Meanwhile, bring balsamic vinegar to boiling in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and boil gently for 8 to 10 minutes or until the vinegar is reduced by half (the vinegar will thicken slightly).
- 5Drizzle the vinegar over the roasted vegetables; toss until the vegetables are evenly coated.