“Zesty radishes, tasty tomatoes and protein-rich chickpeas are a winning combination in this chilled salad recipe that’s great for packed lunches or a picnic.”
- 10 radishes, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salad and vegetable seasoning mix with coriander and annatto (see Tip) or 1 teaspoon Homemade Spice Mix (see associated recipe)
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- 1Combine radishes, tomatoes, scallion, and chopped onion in a large bowl. Stir in chickpeas.
- 2Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and seasoning mix in a small bowl. Pour dressing over bean mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 1 to 24 hours.
- 3To serve, toss salad greens with bean mixture. If desired, sprinkle with black pepper.