Enjoy this fresh-tasting and healthy slaw with Asian flavors as an accompaniment to grilled chicken and fish. If you have a mandoline-style vegetable slicer, use it to slice the radishes easily, but you can also slice them by hand. Using an assortment of colored radishes makes an interesting presentation. Like broccoli, Brussels and other crucifers, radishes boast potent plant compounds credited with anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties. The easy sesame dressing is great on all sorts of salads and veggies, such as spinach, broccoli or asparagus.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups thinly sliced radishes (8 ounces)
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk vinegar, oil, tamari and sugar in a medium bowl. Add radishes, carrots and cilantro and toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes. Use tongs or a slotted spoon to transfer the mixture to a serving bowl. Serve topped with sesame seeds and more cilantro, if desired.