“A simple side dish that goes well with meat, chicken, and fish, this steamed kale recipe is tossed in a tasty dressing made with lime, miso, and ginger and topped with dry roasted nuts.”
- 2 (8 ounce) bunches fresh kale
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons miso
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted cashews or peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 1Rinse and dry kale. Trim and discard tough stems. Stack the leaves, then cut crosswise into ½-inch strips.
- 2Place a steamer basket in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid. Add water to just below the basket. Bring the water to boiling over medium-high heat. Place the kale in the steamer basket. Cover and steam for about 10 minutes or until tender, tossing the leaves once or twice. Remove the steamer basket with the kale and transfer the kale to a bowl.
- 3Combine vinegar, oil, lime peel, lime juice, miso, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl; whisk to combine. Drizzle the dressing mixture over the kale. Toss to combine. If desired, serve the kale topped with chopped nuts.