Low in calories and high in fiber, kohlrabi is the perfect addition to this easy cold vegetable side-salad recipe. If you can’t find kohlrabi, feel free to substitute green cabbage.”
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar (see Tip)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill or ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon celery seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 medium kohlrabi (about 1½ pounds total; see Tip), peeled and chopped (3 cups)
- 1 medium red and/or green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- ½ of a small onion, chopped
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1Combine vinegar, olive oil, sugar, dill, celery seeds, salt, and ground pepper in a small screw-top jar. Cover and shake well to combine.
- 2Combine kohlrabi, bell pepper, carrot, and onion in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 2 hours, stirring occasionally to coat with dressing.
- 3Stir before serving. Serve salad on lettuce leaves.