Beets and kale, speckled with chewy wild rice and crunchy sunflower seeds, make a satisfying, colorful dinner salad. The beets are nicest when they are sliced paper thin. Use a mandoline or vegetable slicer, if you have one.”
- 1 large bunch lacinato or curly kale, stems trimmed, chopped (8 cups)
- 1 medium beet, peeled, halved and very thinly sliced (2½ cups)
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- ⅓ cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 5 tablespoons Lemon-Tahini Dressing (see associated recipe)
- 1Combine kale, beet, wild rice and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss until well coated. Serve within 2 hours.