Gazpacho is a delicious way to eat more veggies. Think of it as a vegetable smoothie. Not only does Chef José Andrés keep a pitcher of this healthy gazpacho recipe in his refrigerator all summer, it’s also served at Beefsteak, his chain of vegetable-driven restaurants.”
- 1½ pounds ripe tomatoes, chopped, plus more for garnish
- ½ medium cucumber, peeled and chopped, plus more for garnish
- ½ medium green bell pepper, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1Combine tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, garlic, oil, vinegar and salt in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours and up to 1 day.
- 2Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve topped with a little olive oil and chopped vegetables, if desired.