“Crystallized ginger—also called candied ginger—is the key ingredient in this fruit-flavored drink. By soaking it with pineapple juice for at least two hours, it gives this spritzer an added zing.”
- 4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- Ice cubes
- 2 cups carbonated water, chilled
- Skewered fresh pineapple chunks (see Tip) (optional)
- 1In a pitcher, combine pineapple juice and ginger. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Strain juice mixture, discarding ginger.
- 2For each serving, pour pineapple juice into a tall glass over ice, filling each glass about three-fourths full. Add enough carbonated water to each glass to fill. If desired, garnish with skewered fresh pineapple.