“Not loving your green tea? This recipe may change your mind. We start by boiling cranberries and mango slices with a bit of fresh ginger, and use that hot liquid to steep the tea bags. The fruity infusion and zing of ginger will definitely have you singing this tea’s praises.”
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen mango
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 4 green tea bags
- Desired sugar substitute to taste (see Tip) (optional)
- Thin lemon slices
- 1In a medium saucepan combine water, mango, cranberries and ginger. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes.
- 2Remove tea bags and discard. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth, discarding solids. If desired, sweeten tea with desired sugar substitute and float a lemon slice in each cup. Serve tea immediately.