Skip kneading or mixing when you start with prepared pizza dough in this healthy homemade breadstick recipe. This recipe calls for chives and garlic, but try your favorite toppings to personalize. For a crispier texture more like grissini, roll the breadsticks long and thin and bake until golden.”
- 1 pound pizza dough, preferably whole-wheat (see Tip)
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- 2Divide dough into 16 equal pieces and roll each into a 12- to 14-inch-long breadstick on a lightly floured surface. Place the breadsticks at least ½ inch apart on the baking sheets. Brush with oil and sprinkle with chives and garlic powder, pressing if necessary to help it stick.
- 3Bake the breadsticks on the upper and lower racks, switching the pans halfway through, until lightly brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.