Pizza doesn’t always have to be made with tomato-based sauce and mozzarella cheese, just try our Thai-inspired makeover version. This 20-minute vegetarian pizza recipe uses an Italian bread shell, bottled peanut sauce, and purchased shredded carrots and will open up your eyes to non-traditional pies.”
- 1 (8 inch) Italian bread shell (such as Boboli brand)
- ½ cup sliced fresh shiitake or button mushrooms
- ⅓ cup fresh pea pods, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons coarsely shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallion
- 2-3 tablespoons bottled peanut sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F. Place bread shell on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Meanwhile, lightly coat an unheated medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Preheat the skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, pea pods, and carrot; cook about 2 minutes or just until tender. Stir in scallion. Remove from heat.
- 2Carefully spread the hot bread shell with peanut sauce. Top with the hot vegetable mixture; sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro leaves. Cut in half to serve.